Medical Marijuana Evaluation
Medical Marijuana Evaluations
The Quality First team offers medical marijuana evaluations to new and existing patients.
Our doctors have been certified by the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission and are authorized to recommend medical marijuana as a treatment option.
- Wasting syndrome
- Severe or chronic pain
- Severe nausea
- Severe or persistent muscle spasms
Come in Today
Medical marijuana evaluations are available at Quality First Urgent Care on a walk-in basis. You can also schedule an appointment by phone or online.
During your appointment, our team will review your medical history and any current issues. (Pregnant women and patients with a history of psychiatric disorders or substance abuse may not be good candidates for medical cannabis and high THC marijuana.)
The Quality First team will also:
- Review your current medications to ensure they will not interact with a marijuana prescription.
- Discuss various means of administration, as well as strains and precautions.
- Field any and all of your questions and concerns.
How to Prepare for Your Evaluation
Before your appointment, be sure to do the following:
1. Gather required documentation.
You will need:
- A valid, accessible email account
- The last four digits of your Social Security Number
- An electronic copy of a valid government-issued photo ID
- Proof of Maryland residency
*All documents must be dated within the last 90 days.
You should also bring all relevant documentation from other healthcare providers regarding your health history. Ask other providers to send these documents to us directly in advance of your appointment.
If the Quality First team determines that medical marijuana is a viable treatment option, we will issue you a temporary ID card, which can be used at any licensed Maryland dispensary to purchase medical marijuana.
Visit the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission website for more information on the state’s medical marijuana program.